What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is the largest drug-free primary healthcare profession with a focus on the nervous system and musculoskeletal health. Chiropractors in Australia complete a 5-year university degree requiring a significant amount of Anatomy, Neuroscience, Physiology, Biomechanics, Pathology, Diagnostic Imaging, Medical Examination, Nutrition and Pharmacology study, including hundreds of applied clinical hours treating a broad range of people and complaints.
This comprehensive mix of scientific study and clinical application means that chiropractic can be a smart place to start when you experience pain or dysfunction. Chiropractors may assist with the investigation and treatment of a wide range of neuromusculoskeletal issues in children and adults, including but not limited to:
- Back pain / stiffness
- Neck pain / stiffness
- Sciatica and disc issues
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist / hand pain (e.g. frozen shoulder, tennis / golfers’ elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Leg, knee and ankle / foot pain (e.g. hip pain, patella tracking dysfunction, plantar fasciitis)
- Postural issues
- Migraines and other headaches
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Workplace and sports injuries (e.g. muscle strains, ligament sprains and tendonitis)
- Chronic pain conditions including fibromyalgia, autoimmune disorders and chronic fatigue
- Jaw pain and dysfunction
- Children’s health including neuromuscular growth and development concerns, breathing issues, pain, movement difficulties, sensory processing issues, poor concentration, excess stress, and postural concerns
- Post-concussion issues
- Digestive complaints
- Stress-related problems
Chiropractors have broad diagnostic skills and are trained to identify signs and symptoms that may require referral to doctors and other health care providers for further testing or management. Our Chiropractors will be able to determine if your pain or health concerns are likely to respond to Chiropractic care and if so, will recommend a trial of targeted treatment with specific outcomes measures tracked. It is common in our clinic for patients to consent to us working together with their other health care practitioners to ensure best outcomes.
What techniques do Chiropractors use?
Chiropractic is a very diverse profession with over 100 different techniques and systems associated with the profession. Our Chiropractors take a highly integrative and personalised approach to your care. We appreciate that everyone is different and will always consider your individual preferences when tailoring a treatment plan for you. The systems and therapies that our Chiropractors use may include a personalised mix of:
- Advanced soft tissue techniques including trigger point therapy, myofascial release and instrument assisted soft tissue manipulation (IASTM)
- Advanced Biostructural CorrectionTM for postural and functional restoration
- Applied KinesiologyTM
- Laser pain relief therapy
- Corrective exercises
- Cranial therapies
- Digital postural analysis
- Functional neurological rehabilitation
- Low force joint techniques including joint mobilisation and Activator instrument joint adjusting
- Nutritional advice and targeted supplementation
- Organ (visceral) therapy for mechanical restrictions
- Stress and emotional balancing procedures.
To book your next consultation with us, please click below
Meet our practitioners
Remedial massage uses several specialised techniques to help the body repair damage to muscles, tendons and joints. The key benefit of massage is to increase blood flow to improve healing and repair as well as assist the removal of toxins from affected tissues. This can also help to decrease pain and sensitivity as well as easing tension around the joints and allowing for better joint range of motion.Read More